Hack Sprint – Winter 2022
Welcome to Hack Sprint!
The world of mobile development is an amazing and rich one, but one that might seem intimidating at first. CS classes at UCLA do a good job of giving us a theoretical understanding of computer science, but not exactly how to apply it within a practical setting, such as by creating a mobile app. Through Hack Sprint, we hope to break down these initial barriers and bridge these gaps by introducing mobile development to you in the most beginner-friendly, hands-on, interactive way possible.
Throughout this quarter, we’ll be hosting weekly workshop sessions that will teach you all the fundamentals of building iOS mobile apps using Swift. We’ll also be hosting some guest speakers, who will introduce some interesting topics outside of our workshop curriculum. Finally, we’ll also give you a chance to work on your very own app, which you can show off to all your peers at the final Project Showcase during Week 9!
In this repository, you will find guides for each session we have taught this quarter, as well as some links to helpful resources.
We hope all of you have a great time learning this quarter! Feel free to reach out to any of us at Hack if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
- Session 1: Intro to Swift
- Session 2: Swift Fundamentals
- Session 3: State and Bindings
- Session 4: Advanced Views
- Session 5: Data and Networking
- Session 6: Guest Speaker + Work Session
- Session 7: Guest Speaker + Work Session
- Session 8: Project Showcase
- A Guided Tour of Swift
- Swift for Complete Beginners
- iOS and SwiftUI for Beginners
- Official Apple Documentation