iOS 16+ Passkeys Swift Sample
This project explores the capabilities of the new iOS 16+
Passkeys API to support password-less authentications.
⚠️ This project is still work in progress, so please feel free to jump on and contribute additional code to cover more use cases! 🙂
Note: To run the project against your own app, you can change the app ID and credential-capabilities to match your “apple-app-site-association” file.
- Xcode 14 (Beta) or later
- iOS 16 (Beta) or later
- A physical device running iOS 16+ to scan the developer-mode QR code that is presented during the flow
- Apple – Supporting Passkeys
- Apple – Connecting to a service with passkeys
- Apple – Public-Private Key Authentication
- Apple – WWDC 2022 – Meet Passkeys
- W3C – Webauthn 2
As mentioned above, feel free to contribute additional code via pull requests, thank you!
Hans Knöchel – Lambus GmbH