yikyak-translate-ios – iOS Take Home Project
Before you start
- Make sure you have the latest stable version of Xcode and have a way to connect to a GitHub repository. You should be ready to run code from a repo on a physical device or simulator.
You have been asked to create a translation app! You’ve been given a version that is already partially implemented, but you must finish it off. Currently, the app loads a list of possible translation languages from an API, allows the user to select one, and takes in user text input. There is also a button that says “Translate” and a text view that should display the translated result, but both currently do nothing. The app uses the LibreTranslate API. The documentation for the API is here: https://libretranslate.com/docs/
Your tasks are as follows:
- Implement the translation functionality. The app currently uses
TranslationServiceto make API calls, and the UI components are already in place in
TranslationView. This should involve:
- Creating a POST request to get the translation https://libretranslate.com/docs/#/translate/post_translate
- Connecting the service to the UI to show the result
- Leave the code better than you found it – if there are places within the code that you feel could be improved, whether it’s a performance issue, architecture issue, or something else entirely, feel free to change it.