macOS Virtual Machine
A ARM macOS Virtual Machine, using macOS 12's new Virtualization framework.
I copied KhaosT's code from here, all I did is change some path, add some entitlements and add a simple GUI.
I successfully created a macOS 12 Virtual Machine!
Thanks @KhaosT for sharing his code, he make this possible. pic.twitter.com/nDD5IMzhlb
— Ming Chang (@mingchang137) June 29, 2021
- Apple Silicon Mac (running macOS 12)
- Xcode 13
- Apple Configurator 2
- macOS 12 IPSW
- a empty dmg image (This will be your system storage, name it disk.dmg, you can create it from Disk Utility)
First Time Setup
- Clone this project
- Run (This project works on my Mac but might not run on yours)
- Quit the app when "Virtual Machine" window showed up, move disk.dmg into the app's container
- Run it again
- Open Apple Configurator 2, if everything works, There should have a VirtualMac in DFU mode
- Temporary disable macOS Firewall and iCloud Private Relay (Apple Configurator 2 can't restore VM with those features enabled)
- Drag macOS 12 IPSW file into Apple Configurator 2, click Restore to install macOS
- When it's done, you should see a purple window greeting to you. Bon Appétit!
It's not working / Apple Configurator 2 keeps failing!
Try removing aux.img in the app's container, restart the app and using "Start Virtual Machine Manually" function in the menu bar before restoring.