An easy to use, highly customizable replacement for NSCollectionView.
Prior to macOS 10.11, NSCollectionView had little in common with its younger cousin on iOS (UICollectionView). Since then it has recieved some improvements but with no support on 10.10, we needed another solution.
CollectionView provides a ton of functionality, flexibility, and high performance. Some of its features include:
- Highly customizable out of the box
- Custom layouts for even more customizations
- Content editing inluding animations (insert, delete, & move)
- Section headers and footers
- Drag and drop
- Photos-like preview transitions
- ResultsController for consistent data sourcing (including CoreData implementations)
If you aren't supporting macOS 10.10, NSCollectionView can likely satisfy your needs. That said, CollectionView does provide some additional flexibility and features that may still make it a viable option for your project.
Get collection view up and running in just a few minutes. Checkout the guides & documentation.
Adding to your project
CollectionView isn't currently provided through any package managers.
Clone or donwload the repo and add it to your project by dragging the CollectionView Xcode project to your project.
CollectionView is used to power:
Let us know if you use it too.