SwiftUI NewsAPI App
A Full News App based on the latest SwiftUI 3/iOS 15 API that fetches latest news from newsapi.org
The app has several main features:
- Fetch news based on categories: general, business, science, technology, health, entertainment, sports
- Bookmark articles so it can be persisted even when the app restarts.
- Share article using native iOS share sheet UIActivityController.
- Read article inside a Safari Webview in modal sheet presentation.
- Search news based on the search query you type on the search bar.
- Recent search history list.
- Suggestion search list.
SwiftUI 3 API:
The SwiftUI 3 APIs used to build the app:
- Async Await, Structured Concurrency, and Actors.
- Task Lifecycle View Modifer.
- Refreshable and SwipeAction on List.
- Actor to isolate disk persistence.
- Crafting Search Experience using Swift Searchable modifier. synchronous local search and async remote search, as well as providing search suggestions.
- Register for an API Key at https://newsapi.org
- Paste the key inside NewsAPI.swift file.
- Download Xcode 13 Beta 5 or later.
- iOS 15 Dev Beta 5 or later.
- macOS 12 Dev Beta 5 or later.
- Build and run the project using your iOS device with iOS 15 beta installed or use the simulator.
- This project is based on the YouTube tutorial that you can watch from this link https://youtu.be/LRnbFjq0bTM