A simple app to preview 16 day forecast and:
- Show a list of weather forecast
- Shows weather details.
- Shows settings view to change from Centigrade to Fahrenheit and vice versa.
- Offline/Local storage using Realm Framework.
- Local Notifications to show weather alert in each morning and night.
I am using the 16 Day Weather Forecast of this API.
https://api.weatherbit.io/v2.0/forecast/daily?key=[api-key]&days=[days]&lat=[latitude]&lon=[longitude]&units=M sample-key To test this API,
For testAPI I used
- latitude and longitude for current user location
- 16 for days
- a specified api-key e9d258e0555142618aabc4f395b62dce
Tools And Resources Used
- CocoaPods – CocoaPods is a dependency manager for Swift and Objective-C Cocoa projects. It has over 33 thousand libraries and is used in over 2.2 million apps. CocoaPods can help you scale your projects elegantly.
- RealmSwift – Realm is a mobile database that runs directly inside phones, tablets or wearables. This repository holds the source code for the iOS, macOS, tvOS & watchOS versions of Realm Swift & Realm Objective-C.
- ReachabilitySwift – Reachability.swift is a replacement for Apple’s Reachability sample, re-written in Swift with closures.
- Alamofire – Alamofire is an HTTP networking library written in Swift.
- SwifterSwift – SwifterSwift is a collection of over 500 native Swift extensions, with handy methods, syntactic sugar, and more.
- SwiftLocation – SwiftLocation is a lightweight Swift Library that provides an easy way to work with location-related functionalities.
- Installation by cloning the repository
- Go to directory
- Open terminal located at this directory
- Enter “pod install” command to install all used libraries
- Open WeatherApp.xcworkspace project
- use command + B or Product -> Build to build the project
- Press run icon in Xcode or command + R to run the project on Simulator
I used MVVM pattern: