Use an API to create an application to consolidate my learning in iOS mobile development
What I built
A dark mode enabled weather app that uses the weatherAPI to respond to queries on weather data
The app is location enabled using GPS data from the device or you can set up the location manually
What I learnt
- Apply Delegate Design Pattern
- Apply best practices in swift: Protocols, Extensions, Using Data Structs, Swift Guard, Closures and Completion Handlers etc
- Networking using URLSession and making Https requests
- Parsing JSON with the native Encodable and Decodable protocols.
- Using Grand Central Dispatch to fetch the main thread.
- Using Core Location to get the current location from the phone GPS.
I will continue to build out the application and update on new features soon