A tiny but powerful iOS and Apple TV OS av player framework that's based on the FFmpeg library.
A tiny but powerful av player framework for iOS and Apple TV OS. The SDK can play the most audio and video formats (Includes network audio and video streams), no convert hassles, no VLC and SDL dependent.
AVPlayer framework is written for iOS and Apple TV OS developers who want to add powerful av player to their app using a couple lines of code. Behind the scenes av player relies on the iOS OpenGL ES 2.0 framework and the open source LGPL licensed FFmpeg library.
- Now AVPlayer framework is able to play high resolution videos by using hardware accelerator feature embedded in iPhone/iPad even for MKV or AVI in H264, but this feature requires arm64, iOS 8 or later devices.
- XCode 7.x & iOS SDK 9.x
- ARMv7, ARMv7s, ARM64 and x86-64 architectures
- iOS version: Deploy target iOS 7.0 or later
- Apple TV OS version: Deploy target 9.0 or later
- ARC support.
- Bitcode support.
- armv7, armv7s, arm64 and x86-64 support.
- file, ftp, http, https, rtsp, rtmp and most of FFmpeg protocols support.
- Hardware decoder support for H264 format. (iOS 8 or later, only available on iOS platform.)
- Rich options of ffmpeg library support.
- Disable audio or video stream.
- Parse audio and video duration, frame size infos.
- Grab video thumbnails.
- Real-time bit & frame rate and network buffering progress calculation.
- Query current playback time info.
- Playback speed control.
- Brightness, contrast and saturation control.
- Background audio, video playback support.
- Full screen mode support.
- Aspect ratio option support.
- System volume control.
- Play from a specified time position.
- Play, pause, resume, stop, fast forward, fast backward, seek position actions support.
- Audio session interruption handler support
- Delegate support, you can get notification when state, playback progress, buffering progress changed and enter/exit full screen mode.
- Save, Restore playback progress support (block style).
- Multiple audio, subtitle streams support.
- SRT, ASS, SSA, SMI external subtitle formats support.
- Embedded subtitle formats support.
- Custom subtitle font, text color.
Subscribe to iOS Example
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox