Swedish-Slovak-Dictionary for iOS and iPadOS
An interactive Swedish-Slovak Dictionary for iOS and iPadOS
Code Introduction Video
Would you like to see snippets of the code and their representation on a platform?
Check out YouTube Code Breakthrough
Swedish-Swedish Dictionary - Summary
An application that lets you learn Swedish vocabulary seamlessly (for Slovak speakers) available for iOS (9.0+) and iPadOS (9.0+).
It tests your skills with 2 different Quiz prototypes supported with task randomisation for endless fun. It supports an adjustable user interface to fit all your needs.
Moreover, this application lets you record your new words and phrases to the “Notes” mini-application, using CoreData for further data storage.
Lastly, enjoy the brilliant user experience with sleek sound integrations and seamless animations.
User input based on device controls (further as UIGesturerecognizers) data to be stored via custom CoreDala model for Notes mini-application, user input for specific quizzes.
Elegant UI experience with seamless transitions and animations, dedicated dictionary content with audio recording. Settings with adjustable user interface environment.
Persistent data containers for the user dedicated input, i.e. the Notes mini-application.
Client and/or advisor
Client: Any individual who is a Slovak speaker willing to learn something new about the Swedish language.
Assistance with translations, i.e. the lesson content itself. Optional assistance with sound design.
Stages of development of the product - what are the most significant steps in making the product?
- Step 1: Creation of the application’s environment for easier visual execution in the earliest stages and for consistent data planning;
- Step 2: Consideration of the specific programming language in order to achieve the desired outcome;
- Step 3: Swift is declared to be the main programming language for the application, consideration of potential pros and cons;
- Step 4: In-depth analysis of libraries and methods of the Swift programming language;
- Step 5: Initial work on the application’s user experience, first methods for auto-layout constraint system;
- Step 6: Specified constraint system to support iOS and iPadOS devices;
- Step 7: Work on lessons’ custom data, data reading methods, custom functions, and classes;
- Step 8: Application of sound design, previous consultation with a Swedish speaker about the correctness of produced audio recordings;
- Step 9: Last steps to get the desired looks of the UI, e.g. custom GIF classes, Lottie functions amongst many more.
- Step 10: Creation of GitHub interconnection to support more user testings, application documentation;
- Step 11: A video rendition shall be created to explain various methods and demonstrate app structures;
- Step 12: Stages of Beta testing on iOS and iPadOS devices;
- Step 13: Publication of the application on the AppStore, interconnection with application’s website.
Language to be used - with justification
Swift via Xcode - a programming language dedicated to multi-platform iOS and iPadOS software development.
Swift is a general-purpose programming language built using a modern approach to safety, performance, and software design patterns. The goal of the Swift project is to create
the best available language for uses ranging from systems programming, to mobile and desktop apps, scaling up to cloud services.
Reasons for choosing this product
- This product shall support multiple platforms to attract more users;
- It shall profit the user with valuable knowledge implemented using seamless user environment;
- It benefits the user with accessible controls and plausible reactive elements;
- This product shall support the latest security standards.