Best Practices in Core Data explained within a demo application as presented during NSSpain.
Included in this project
- Core Data Stack Setup
- Fetched Results Controller
- Diffable Data Sources
- Optimised saving
- Derived Attributes
- Life Cycle Events
- Batch Insertions
- Batch Deletions
- Persistent History Tracking
- Core Data and Combine
- Unit Testing Core Data
I would love for this project to grow as a source of best practices regarding Core Data. I’ll try to add my own learnings to this project too. There are many sources available on the internet but we lack a bit of example code. Hopefully, this way, we make it easier to adopt best practices in Core Data.
- If you found a bug, open an issue.
- If you have a feature request, open an issue.
- If you want to contribute, submit a pull request.
Core Data Best Pratices is available under the MIT license, and uses source code from open source projects. See the LICENSE file for more info.
- Derived Attributes to improve Core Data Fetch Performance
- Constraints in Core Data Entities explained
- Persistent History Tracking in Core Data
- And more…