Given a directory with several .dSYMs, finds the .dSYM for a given binary image name and replaces its internal UUID with the given UUID.
<div class="snippet-clipboard-content position-relative" data-snippet-clipboard-copy-content="dsymrename [–path]
defaults to .
dsymrename MyApp FFFFFFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF path/to/your/dsyms/downloaded/from/appstoreconnect/
$ git clone https://github.com/schmittsfn/dsymrename
$ cd dsymrename
$ swift build -c release
$ cp -f .build/release/dsymrename /usr/local/bin/dsymrename
Used for cases where single architecture bitcode enabled builds on appstoreconnect provided incorrect dSYM UUIDs.
Finding the binary image name (binName):
- Open Xcode -> Window -> Organiser
- In the left-hand pane, select Crashes
- Use the drop-down menu in the top left-hand corner to select the version you are interested in
- Once all the crashes for that version are downloaded, locate the crash you are interested in
- Find the line in the crash report you are interested in and which is not symbolicated
- Note down the binary image