What it does
Food Order App will display today’s menu. User can add an item to cart and check out.
How I built it
- I started by getting user’s location, then draw a view for displaying menu, with search features.
- I also construct a slide out menu, this is helpful when I decide to add more features such as viewing account, order history, help center, etc.
- Later, I added Firebase to retrieve menu and take orders.
Challenges I ran into
- Searching requires me to store another set of items, and when I did not update the searched items correctly, program will crash
- Calculating the total required a bit of work, I sometimes mistaken between items and filtered items (from search)
- Could not build the app after installing pod
Accomplishments that I am proud of
Calculating the total
What I learned
After install pod, I need to open the newly generated .xcworkspace for the app to compile
- Calculate the total on server side
- Implement Stripe API to take payments