- To expand on what I’ve created here: https://github.com/LynchConnor/iForage, I initially developed the app using Firebase. This was tedious
as it meant that the user had to be signed in in order to create anything.
- Creating an account for an app that the user hasn’t even used yet is a tedious matter. So in this iteration, I used CloudKit, Apples first hand
- MVVM Design Structure
- Async/Await (Network calls)
- No Authentication. Since each iPhone is linked to an iCloud account, all a user has to do is be signed into that account to use the app.
- Another reason why I wanted to use CloudKit was because I was scared of it. So what better way to overcome fear, then to jump straight
into the deep end.
Was it a success?
- I was capable of redeveloping the iForage app using CloudKit, particiularly the CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) functions which
can be seen below.
I look forward to using CloudKit in more projects, as it means I don’t have to spend more time creating onboarding screens.