A fast GUI for Gatekeeper written in SwiftUI. Adding in features and redesigning the look to fit more of my needs. Also using this as a learning opportunity for Swift as I’m new to it.
Pre-compiled, always up-to-date versions are available from my releases page. (See compilation instructions below)
You might need to run this before opening the app as I don’t have a paid developer account:
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine "PATH_TO_APP"
Compiling Sentinel is simple, as it does not have many dependencies.
- macOS Ventura or newer
- Xcode 14.2 or newer
- An Apple Developer accout. You don’t need a paid one! Even a free one works perfectly
Before you begin
- Enroll your account in the developer program at https://developer.apple.com/
- Install Xcode
- Add your Developer account to Xcode. To do so, in the Menu bar, click
Xcode → Settings, and in the window that opens, click
Accounts. You can add your account there
- After you add your account, it will appear in the list of Apple IDs on the left od the screen. Select your account there
- At the bottom of the screen, click
- On the bottom left, click the + icon and select
- When a new item appears in the list called
Apple Development Certificates, you can press
Doneto close the account manager
- Clone this repo using
git clone https://github.com/alienator88/Sentinel.git && cd Sentinel && open .
Sentinel.xcodeproj. Xcode should open the project
- In the Menu Bar, click
Product → Archiveand wait for the building to finish
- A new window will open. From the list of Sentinel rows, select the topmost one, and click
- Open the resulting folder. You’ll see an app called Sentinel. Drag Sentinel to your
/Applications/folder, and you’re done!
Much appreciation to wynioux for the CLI based version to base this idea on: https://github.com/wynioux/macOS-GateKeeper-Helper
McBrew is licensed under Commons Clause.
This means that McBrew open-source and you can do whatever you want with McBrew’s source, like modifying it, contributing to it etc., but you can’t sell McBrew or modified versions of it.