The waifu2x on Mac.
The new version is capable of taking advantages of CPU, GPU, and ANE.
- Enlarge videos or images with machine learning on Mac.
- Interpolate frames for videos.
Files and source code could be found in releases.
This app works completely offline and requires no internet connection. Nothing is collected or stored, expect for:
- Your settings stored in its containter.
- Temp images in during comparison. (These files will be deleted when the windows is closed.)
- Temp images during processing in its container, the existance would only last for three lines of code, after which it is deleted.
- Output files and logs (if you turn on “enable log” or “enable dev” in preference) in its output path.
If the app crashes, please choose not to share crash log with Apple.
This app was based on the work of waifu2x-ios. Nearly all the files in the folder “waifu2x-mac” were created by him. However, modifications were done to improve speed.
The files inside the folder of dain-ncnn-vulkan-20210210-macos can be downloaded here.
When processing a standard 1080p image (1920 × 1080), MacBook Pro with the M1 Max chip took only 0.7 seconds.
This app was written with SwiftUI.
- waifu2x-ios for nearly all the algorithms used to enlarge images.
- waifu2x-caffe for all the models.
- stack overflow for all the solutions.
- dain-ncnn-vulkan for frame implemented AI.