Use the iTunes Api to receive tracks (songs) and albums to display in a list and grid layout
Example request to receive 200 tracks by Jack Johnson
Student can replace the term with their favorite artist like this
- MVC (Model View Controller)
Potholes to beware (for tech writers)
- If the json a student uses does not have a
collectionIdfor every object in
results, the parse will fail. This happens if a request uses a limit higher than the number of songs a artist has.
Strech goals for students
- Album detail view when tapping a album cell. Currently, there is no action when tapping a cell since there is only a track detail view.
- checkout this commit for first steps to do this.
- will need to create a second navigation controller
- will need to reconfigure network call in SceneDelegate file
- Find creative ways to use the information from the json response such as using the iTunes links