An app to demostrate how network calls can be implemented in a SwiftUI/MVVM app.
Apple’s introductory tutorial is a great starting point to learn about SwiftUI (https://developer.apple.com/tutorials/swiftui). However, it doesn’t cover many things that an app in a production app would need:
- Network calls
- Being able to communicate with many endpoints without code duplication
- Network calls that depends on the other calls’ results
- Error handling
When I tried to extend my app after finishing the tutorial, I still had to make many decisions about how to organise the codebase. I thought it could be useful for myself and other people who are new to SwiftUI, if I implement the app with network calls with a more realistic app architecture with basic tests and logging.
The main purpose of the app is to demostrate how an app can be structured. It is not an app with a full functionality.
- Login (You can login with a TMDB account. You can create an accout at: https://www.themoviedb.org/signup)
- Display a list of popular films
- Display a details of a movie
- browse casts
- browse crew
Click to play: