In this exercise applicant should implement a new feature into an existing sample app.
A simple application with three screens.
- Recipes screen – a screen that loads and displays a list of cooking recipes. Cooking recipes have three difficulties easy, normal and hard.
- Recipe screen – a screen that displays recipe, photo and allows user to mark this recipe as prepared. When user marks recipe as prepared, he specifies if he was successful or not.
- Attempted recipes screen – a screen that shows recipes that the user has already tried to prepare.
A link to the sample application https://gitlab.ito.lt/jobs/ios-exercise.
- Fix a crash in attempted recipes screen. 1 point
- Implement table view sections for recipes based on their difficulty. 3 points
- Implement cooking recommendations feature into the application. 5 points
Cooking recommendations feature
- There should be a button in the application that shows a recommended recipe to the user when clicked;
- Application should select a recommended recipe based on these criteria:
- If use has never tried any recipe before, app should recommend one of the low difficulty recipes;
- If user has prepared any recipes before, app should determine his skill level based on the last several tries and recommend a recipe that matches user’s skill level.
Some recommendations for the exercise
- Do it as a task in a real project;
- Use design patterns if you think you need to;
- Unit test if you think you need to;
- Write comments if you think you need to;