Hecker Jobz 💼
Hecker Jobz is an application that lists jobs from all around the world !
Thanks to HackerNews API
Goal for V1.0
Create a multi screen application which displays jobs listed on HackerNews in a List and shows details of it another screen using WebView.
The challenging parts for phase 1 were:
- Read data from API which was not in JSON format but in Array(int) format.
- Some of the views did not have an
URLfield but had
textfield containing HTML string, had to search for a way to render HTML string in WebView if only
textfield was available.
Targets for next version:
- Show the user a loading indicator when the list of jobs is loading and also in the webview.
- Avoid title text’s auto truncation.
- Add authentication and data storage so that user can log in and mark a job – say applied.