Friend Activity for Spotify
iOS app & widget for viewing what your Spotify friends are listening to. Made purely in SwiftUI.
Watch what your friends are listening to & add it to your homescreen. Tap on each friend to open the playlist/album/artist/song in the Spotify app/website.
Private profile pictures and names of friends removed in above screenshots.
- Dynamically update list of friends in homescreen (every 2 minutes, smooth animations)
- UI is the same as the official Spotify desktop UI, but remodeled to work on mobile (context menu instead of links)
- Pure SwiftUI, efficient and fast
- Pull to refresh
- Context menu beneath each friend, letting you pick which song/album/artist to open in Spotify
- Airplane mode detection
- Enables login through official Spotify website (cookies are read and stored)
- Cookies stored securely in Keychain
- Widget automatically updates every 15 minutes (watch your friends’ Spotify activity from your homescreen!)
- iPad & macOS Catalyst support (rudimentary)
- Friend profile pictures stored in cache and loaded asynchronously (using NukeUI)
In beta right now, hence debug and errors can be seen everywhere
- Open in Xcode
- @Apple for Swift and SwiftUI
- @JulietaUla for the Montesrrat font (used extensively within the app)
- @kishikawakatsumi for KeychainAccess (for storing spDcCookie and accessToken of Spotify securely between app and widget)
- @markiv for SwiftUI-Shimmer for the shimmer animation of first load of homescreen
- @kean for Nuke (used to display images asynchronously in Widget and app)
- @Sketch for Sketch (for designing the app icon)
- @valeriangalliat for spotify-buddylist (pseudocode taken from here)