Flixy is an app that allows users to browse movies from the The Movie Database API.
This app is created on Swift platform for ios mobile development on xcode.
This is the first project from CodePath’s ios University course, utilizing UI elements in ios development such as TableView, Cell Recycling & Networking with APIs
New software features such as ViewController and Storyboard were implimented for the development of the application.
Flix Part 1
- (2pts) User sees an app icon on the home screen and a styled launch screen.
- (5pts) User can view and scroll through a list of movies now playing in theaters.
- (3pts) User can view the movie poster image for each movie.
- (2pt) User can view the app on various device sizes and orientations.
- (1pt) Run your app on a real device.
App Walkthrough GIF
Some of the challenges were installing packages in xcode with SPM(Swift Package Manager) in MacOs Montery
Addition of Cocoa-pods made it easy to import external libraries, which helped in faster development times
Development Completion time = 5.5 hours