Spotify Lyrics in Menubar
Live Spotify lyrics in your macOS menubar. It Just Works.
Download from releases.
- macOS Ventura or higher
- Spotify Desktop Client
- It Just Works.
- Offline caching! Lyrics are automatically stored offline efficiently using CoreData
- Play some music on the Spotify app and watch the lyrics play on the menu bar automatically.
- UI is built using SwiftUI.
- The lyrics are updated and fetched using Swift Concurrency and Swift Tasks
- The lyrics are stored into disk using CoreData.
- I interface with Spotify using their AppleScript methods as well as by subscribing to their playback state change notifications.
- I interface with Spotify’s AppleScript methods by using Apple’s provided ScriptingBridge interface.
Acknowledgements / Special Thanks
- Sparkle: For app updates
- Amplitude: For app analytics
- spotify-lyrics-api: For fetching Spotify lyrics
- Spotify: the music platform this project depends on!