NY Times is a Minimal News newspaper_roll iOS application built to describe the use of SwiftSoup and CoreData with SwiftUI.
|Articles Loading||Browse by Category|
|Bookmark a Article using 3D Touch.||Deleting bookmarks is just one swipe away|
iOS 14+ Xcode 12 beta 3
:warning: This App is compiled with Xcode 12 beta 3. Using other versions of xcode might break the project.
📚 What you can learn?
- You can learn Technologies like
- Web Scraping
- You can learn various Design patterns from this project such as
- Dependency injection
- You can learn MVVM Two way binding Architecture for SwiftUI with Combine framework
🛠 Technical Background
- NYTimes App was made using SwiftUI as the Core interface with Two Way Binding MVVM Architecture using Combine framework.
- CoreData is used to store the Article Bookmarks offline in device so that the user can access it at later time.
- SwiftSoup is used to scrap the required details from the NYTimes website.
- The User interface of this app mostly uses the inbuilt iOS components to keep the User experience close to the native feel.
- Bookmarks can be added as easy as a 3d-touch from Homescreen or a tap in bookmark icon in the detailed article screen.
- This project was built in the mindset of modularity and good coding patterns. Multiple design patterns like Dependency injection, Repository pattern, Singleton Pattern etc.
This project uses SPM (Swift Package Manager) as Dependency manager.
NYTimes # Root Group . ├── Utilities # Utilities for Fetching data ans Scraping HTML ├── Globals # Contains App constants ├── Persistence # Coredata files. Contains coredata model and Singleton for ManagedObjectContext ├── Views # SwiftUI Views ├── Repository # Repository for Coredata ├── ViewModel # Viewmodels for SwiftUI Views ├── Model # Model files | └── Coredata Model # Coredata model subclasses | └── Supporting files # Misc. files like Appdelegate, SceneDelegate.
This app uses MVVM architecture.
Drop a mail to:- [email protected]