Hacker News App using SwiftUI
I have been challenged to create a mobile application development task consuming an API.
HackerNews (https://news.ycombinator.com/) is a popular social news website focused on computer science and entrepreneurship.
HackerNews exposes a public API, which is documented here: https://github.com/HackerNews/API
The task was to build a platform native mobile application for iOS which:
● Reads news stories from the HackerNews API
● Presents these stories in descending date order to the user
● Allows the user to view the most highly ranked articles
● Allows the user to launch the link associated with the article in their browser
● Quality of code
● Documentation for your project
● The build process for your application
● The testing process for your application
● Demonstrating a platform specific feature (i.e. image picker/persistence)
● Demonstrating familiarity with modern development languages and tools
● Minimize external dependencies