Telegram for macOS
Telegram is a messaging app with a focus on speed and security. It’s superfast, simple, and free! This repo contains the official source code for Telegram for macOS.
brew cask install telegram
mas install 747648890
If you would like, you can download the non-MAS version.
You can also download the beta version if you want to try the latest features and you are prepared for bugs and crashes. If you are running the beta, join the beta testing chat on Telegram to report bugs.
Contributors on GitHub
See this repository’s contributors graph.
You can help translate Telegram for macOS on Telegram’s translations platform. Pick your language, then look for the macOS translation set.
Telegram strives to protect your privacy. This app asks for as few permissions as possible:
- Microphone: You can send voice messages and make audio calls with Telegram.
- Camera: You can set your profile picture using your Mac’s iSight camera.
- Location: You can send your location to friends.
- Outgoing network connections: Telegram needs to connect to the internet to send your messages to your friends.
- Incoming network connections: Telegram needs to accept incoming connections for peer-to-peer voice calls.
- User-selected files: You can save files or images to your Mac.
- Downloads folder: Telegram can automatically download files or images you receive.